A grievance may be defined as an unresolved problem, as a result of which the parent or employee feels a sense of injustice or unfairness for which he/she seeks relief or mutual satisfaction.
If you feel that you, as a parent, your children, or as an employee, are not being treated fairly, you should request a meeting with the director within five (5) days of the incident. The director may also involve the person of concern in that meeting should the issue be with someone other than the director. If you feel that no resolution has been reached as a result of that meeting, the following procedure should be followed:
Within ten (10) days of the meeting with the director, the grievant should express their concerns in writing, explaining their situation, their grievance with the employee, director or policy, the date they met with the director, and the outcome of that meeting. If needed a form is available from the director.
Mail this document to the President of the Hardy County Child Care Center, Inc. Board of Directors and a copy to the director of the child care center at the addresses listed below:
|Miriam Leatherman||Charlene Zirk, Director|
|P.O. Box 22||Hardy County Child Care Center|
|Old Fields, WV 26845||1989 State Road 55|
|Moorefield, WV 26836|
- Upon receipt of this request, a hearing will be scheduled with the grievance committee.
- The grievant will receive a notice of the meeting, which will be at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled meeting date and time.
- If the grievant requests that the meeting be rescheduled, the grievant must contact the board president at least five (5) days prior to the scheduled meeting date. The meeting will be rescheduled at a mutually agreed upon time.
- The grievant has the right to bring an advocate or representative with them to a meeting.
- The board may have presented any and all persons it deems necessary to be present.
- All evidence and testimony presented will be considered.
- The grievance committee will make a decision and communicate the decision in writing within ten (10) days of the grievance meeting.
- If the grievant is in disagreement with the decision of the grievance committee, they have the right to seek resolution within the legal system.
The intent of this policy is to outline a process to resolve issues or problems as a result of an action of an employee or policy of the Hardy County Child Care Center and in no way is intended to limit the legal recourse of the grievant.