Child Development Program Goals
- We strive to promote the individual child’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth and well-being.
- We provide both active and passive learning experiences which promote the development of skills, social competence, self-esteem, and positive self-identity.
- Transition into the center is provided by means of the enrollment application which parents complete to identify the child's interests, approaches to learning, development needs, and parents' concerns and goals for their child. Children become acquainted with the center and the center's staff with their initial visit.
- Transition from room to room can be requested either by parents or by the center's teachers. Forms are available for this purpose at the sign in table. Transition guidelines are included on these forms. Transition is based on the mutual agreement of parents and center's staff of the emotional, physical, and cognitive readiness of the individual child.
- Children are transitioned into pre-kindergarten program with an open house and an opportunity to spend one-on one time with their new teacher.
- Children are transitioned out of pre-kindergarten and into kindergarten at the elementary school with an orientation day in the spring. The children are transported to the school on school bus where they receive a tour of the school, meet kindergarten teachers and have lunch in the school's cafeteria. Prior to the immediate opening of school in the fall, we facilitate a "Meet the teacher" day for parents and kindergarten children.
- When transitioning out of the center for other reasons, we request a two-week notice. This period will allow us to gather the child's belongings, return items, complete records, and aide the child in preparation for this move.